PIR insulation products, are suitable for use as internal wall insulation for both new build and refurbishment projects. They offer one of the thinnest solutions available as a result of their superior thermal performance.
PIR boards are available for installation in a variety of ways such as via the dot and dab or adhesive method or they can be mechanically fixed to wall battens.
PIR boards can be added to a project independently or as an insulated plasterboard.
This method of insulating a solid wall is appropriate where it is impractical to insulate externally for reasons of aesthetics or space. The thermal performance of PIR/PUR insulation products is maintained for the lifetime of the building.
Benefits of PIR/PUR Insulation for Internal Applications:
- Superior thermal performance
- Constant thermal performance for lifetime of the building;
- Insulation and dry lining in one application
- Minimal cold bridging
- Eliminates the risk of water penetration;
- Resistant to moisture ingress;
- Lightweight and non-fibrous insulation
- Does not support the growth of fungi.