Internal wall insulation
Polyisocyanurate (PIR) insulation products, when used internally in solid wall constructions, offer one of the thinnest solutions available as a result of their superior thermal performance.
This method of insulating a solid wall is appropriate where it is impractical to insulate externally for reasons of aesthetics or space. The thermal performance of PIR/PUR insulation products is maintained for the lifetime of the building as unlike man made mineral-fibre (MMMF), PIR insulation products resist moisture ingress.
Benefits of PIR/PUR insulation for Internal Applications:
- Superior thermal performance;
- Insulation and dry lining in one application;
- Minimal cold bridging;
- Does not settle and leave part of the wall un-insulated;
- Constant thermal performance for lifetime of the building;
- Eliminates the risk of water penetration;
- Are resistant to moisture ingress;
- Are non-fibrous and do not emit harmful emissions;
- Does not support the growth of fungi.