Polyurethane (PUR) and polyisocyanurate (PIR) rigid insulation has a superior thermal performance and offers one of the thinnest solutions available for duct work.
Man-made-mineral-fibre (MMMF) is susceptible to water penetration and can have a severe affect on its thermal performance. PIR/PUR insulation is resistant to moisture penetration because of its closed cell structure. Consequently the thermal performance of PIR/PUR is retained even under the most severe operating conditions.
Benefits of PIR/PUR insulation for ducting:
- Provides excellent thermal performance;
- Constant thermal performance;
- High strength to weight ratio;
- Eliminates the risk of water penetration;
- Resistant to moisture ingress;
- Non-fibrous and does not emit harmful emissions;
- Resistant to fungus, mould and does not sustain vermin.